10 Quotes About Travel To Inspire You
Nothing in this life gives me more joy than packing my bags and heading to a new destination. Sometimes it’s a trip to another city nearby, other times, when I’m lucky enough, it’s a larger vacation, where I get to explore a whole new part of of our planet. Wherever it is I end up, travelling is a large part of who I am.
My family often says I have the heart of a nomad, and I think they might be right. I get restless when I’ve spent months in one place. Being in a new physical space gives me fresh perspective and inspires my soul.
Here are 10 awesome quotes about travelling that I hope will inspire you to pack up and explore our magical planet.
1. “Not all those who wander are lost.”
– J.R.R Tolkien
2. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
3. “Do one thing every day that scares you.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
(Editor’s note: This next one is a personal favourite.)
4. “Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life – and travel – leaves marks on you. Most of the time, those marks – on your body or on your heart – are beautiful. Often, though, they hurt.”
– Anthony Bourdain
5. “Getting lost is not a waste of time. To travel is to evolve.”
– Pierre Bernard
6. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” – Oscar Wilde
7. “One’s destination is never a place but a new way of seeing things.”
– Henry Miller
8. “I would rather own little and see the world than own the world and see little of it.”
– Alexander Sattler
9. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.”
– Jawaharlal Neru
10. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.”
– Gustave Flaubert